TCS History and Mission
TCS Mission Statement
TCS is in the business of providing bulk transportation services to meet the needs of its customers.
Our mission is to create customer and shareholder value by:
- Safely delivering products;
- Utilizing technology to create innovative solutions that support the changing needs of our customers; and
- Achieving acceptable returns to our shareholders
Our mission is supported by creating a positive environment for employees and owner-operators that enable them to provide superior service to our customers.
- Be close to our customers
- Be doing business according to our Mission Statement
- Be proactively responsive to our external and internal customers' needs according to our Minimum Customer Service Standards
- Have an active and visible Continuous Improvement process in place
- Be continuously measuring daily productivity and operations
- Have an ongoing employee education/training process in place
- Have a process in place to celebrate group and individual success
Minimum Customer Service Standards
Our goal at TCS is customer satisfaction. This requires us to provide service that conforms to our customer's requirements. Our minimum customer service standards were designed to ensure that everyone in TCS has a clear understanding of what it takes to consistently deliver excellent service.
Our customer service delivery system is our ongoing opportunity to enhance, and continuously improve, the results we achieve for our customers, our drivers and owner-operators and our shareholders.
- Dispatch knows exactly when our customer requires delivery
- Dispatch knows what equipment is required and all service requirements using information from IGI's customer profile
- Clean, safe, environmentally sound facilities
- Clean trucks inside and outside
- Clean and uniformed drivers
- Trucks that perform reliably with zero defects during their work periods
- Zero defect customer service episodes by drivers
- Zero defect customer invoicing
- One hour response to customer inquiries
- 24 hour customer service failure response
Tank Carrier Services was founded in 2004. We began with four tractors and four five-axle trailers hauling slack wax from Sarnia to The International Group's refinery in Scarborough, Ontario. Since then we have expanded our operations and now operate across Ontario, Quebec and the US Northeast with 35 tractors and trailers. We continue to rapidly expand our fleet to serve our customers.